Raised by a mom who shopped at Trader Joe’s long before it was popular and sent to school without stacks of Oreos and bags of Cheetos like my friends, but rather with a hunk of purple cabbage and celery sticks slathered with almond butter, eating green and organically when possible was something that was engrained in me from an early age. As I have gotten older, “going green” has expanded to examining the products I put on my skin, my personal environmental impact by the choices that I make and the social responsibility I have to take care of others and our planet.
So, you can imagine then, that I’m so excited to take part in our “Sustainable in September” campaign and share with you my favorite green products that we have at cake. I’m passionate about products that are free from chemicals but I’m also passionate about products that deliver RESULTS. Here are some that I have found to be the best of both worlds:
- Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser. Gentle fruit acids effectively clean your skin and give a subtle exfoliation. Also this doubles as a fantastic make up brush cleaner.
- goop GOOPGLOW Microderm Instant Glow Exfoliator. Use this chemical and physical exfoliant every three days to help increase cell turnover and reveal new layers of fresh skin.
- Vintner’s Daughter Active Treatment Essence. Perfect for my dehydrated skin, this potent liquid is the first on my face after I finish cleansing and exfoliating.
- Susanne Kaufmann Eye Rescue Stick Line A. I CANNOT STRESS MY LOVE FOR THIS PRODUCT ENOUGH. It basically deserves its own blog post. Use it during the day for amazing depuffing and brightening, and use it at night under Susanne Kaufmann’s Line A Eye Cream for incredible brightening results.
- COOLA Mineral BB Cream SPF 30. I use this every. single. day.
- Kosas Crème blush. These are awesome for natural, lit-from-within color and highlighter. Tropical Equinox is on current heavy rotation.
- KOSASPORT tinted lip balm in Pulse. If you’ve seen me (unmasked) lately, there’s a 99% chance you’ve seen me with this lip balm on.
- Susanne Kaufmann Foot Cream Cooling. I love this stuff and I don’t think it gets the attention that it deserves. It’s so luxurious and refreshing to put on your feet and lower legs at the end of the night before bed.